Philip Winchester Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of actor Philip Winchester

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Problems?
Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Emptyby Alize Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 pm

» Admin blog
Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Emptyby Alize Mon May 18, 2015 3:31 pm

» How Philip Winchester Keeps Fit
Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Emptyby Alize Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 pm

» Magazines
Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Emptyby Alize Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:38 pm

» 2014 Happy Birthday Philip!
Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Emptyby Alize Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:06 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Philip Winchester Fans on your social bookmarking website

Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alize
Admin
Alize

Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return   Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:47 am

http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/10/21/exclusive-interview-strike-back-philip-winchester/

What does it take to be a man? While I don’t have a polished definition that I can use, I do have something better. Two words: Michael Stonebridge.

Played by the wickedly talented Philip Winchester, Stonebridge is one half of the brilliant duo of black ops operatives that take on high risk targets on behalf of Section 20, a covert british military organization in Cinemax’s Strike Back.

Throughout the first season of the series, viewers had a chance to watch Stonebridge go through some pretty impressive challenges with brio and gusto, while at the same time forging a unique bond with his teammate Damien Scott played by Sullivan Stapleton.

Daemon’s TV had the wonderful opportunity to talk to Philip Winchester about what is coming up in the season finale, whether Stonebridge and Scott will make it to the second season, his intense physical training and whether he will return on Fringe.

Check out what he had to say below and don’t forget to tune in tonight Friday, October 21 at 10pm on Cinemax for the season finale of Strike Back.

I was just talking to Amanda [Meaning] and I was mentioning how much of a huge fan of the show. It’s a fantastic show.

Philip Winchester: Right on. You know I don’t think we really had a grasp on people liking it or not liking it. You kind of disappear down the rabbit hole for a while when you make shows. And when we came up for air we went, ‘Did it work?’ And it’s been really cool to see people’s response in New York these past few days. We’ve just been really blown away but how much people are responding to it.

Absolutely. And with a second season slated to start production early 2012.

Philip Winchester: Isn’t that cool?

I know.

Philip Winchester: I’m so stoked.

I asked Amanda the following question. What are you doing early 2012?

Philip Winchester: [laughs] Early 2012? What am I doing? Well, I think that some training is involved. I know that, Sully and I talked the other day on the phone and there was some talk about going back to Capetown and doing the military training again. And that might happen the end of this year and the very beginning of next year. And not to ruin the finale tomorrow night or anything like that but I know that if Stonebridge survives we’ll be going back probably around January 9th. And we’ll be out there for another eight months doing season two.

Awesome. And like every episode so far, I’m assuming the season finale is going to be pretty intense, as well?

Philip Winchester: It’s brilliant. I mean, you know, Sully and I sat down about two weeks ago at HBO in Los Angeles and we kind of had a marathon. We hadn’t seen episodes seven, eight, nine, and ten. And by the end of episode ten we were just like elbowing each other in the arm going, ‘Dude. They pulled it off. They did a good job’, you know. And Dan Percival, who directed it and Tony Saint, who wrote it, they just, I mean they really pulled everything together and snipped it up at the end. And they did an amazing job with it.

How was it to prepare with all this training?

Philip Winchester: It was the most intense training I’ve ever done for a show. And I’ve done a few. I’ve done very physical jobs in the past, I really like jobs like that. I like that element as an actor and the challenge of kind of keeping up with that. But this one took the cake, I mean we went out to South Africa the end of January this year, and we had a month of military training with ex Special Service guys from England and from South Africa and SAS, SBS guys, and we really got it handed to us.

They kind of took it very seriously and we had to take it very seriously, as well. We were doing life fire stuff, we were doing explosive training, we were doing the real stuff basically in a very condensed period and physically when you have to keep that going for six, seven months while you’re filming, and you’re doing fourteen, fifteen hour days on set, it just whoops you. Because we were having to take in about 4000, 5000 calories a day, me and the stunt boys had a joke, we were saying every two hours we would set an alarm and we’d call it feeding. So we’d have to do a protein shake or shove a chicken breast down our throats and just kind of get the fuel in you because your body, you’re just doing so much. Your body’s just going, ‘All right. I need some more. Let’s go. Let’s go.’

Philip Winchester

That’s incredible. It sort of reminds me of when Taylor Lautner was talking about preparing for his role in ‘Twilight’. And he said that he had a meat bag with him all the time just eating.

Philip Winchester: Right. Right. My wife, actually, bless her was the only reason I could do that. She was up every day. She cooked for me, I had a six-egg omelet every morning. And she prepared me what became known as the feedbag. And it was like I was a horse walking around with this bag in front of me. But literally, it did, it had biltong, which is jerky in South Africa. Full of jerky and chicken breasts and organic vegetables and fruit and chocolate and things like that. And sometimes just raw calories like sweets and sugary things, just to get some energy in there. So it really is kind of a job unto itself to keep all that stuff up on top of the acting and other things.

And do you feel that has sort of prepared you now to join Special Forces? Or do you still need a couple months?

Philip Winchester: [laughs] I think the acting and the real deal are probably universes apart. I’d love to think I could go in there and kind of hang out with them for a bit but I just- they are so good at what they do. And I think more than the physical stuff, it’s such a mindset. Just talking with these guys during the training and us being fortunate enough to hear some of their stories and some of their experiences. They just have a different way about them. And they are so professional and they are so tuned in. I dread to think what I’d end up doing or looking like if I even attempted to join Special Forces.

Reverting a little back to your character, Stonebridge. From the beginning of this season to episodes nine, there’s been an evolution. He’s sort of less by the book and more instinctual. Kind of similar to Scott. Would that be an accurate statement?

Philip Winchester: Yeah. Absolutely. I think very much as we see in episode four an unraveling of the rules that Stonebridge has implemented in his life, I don’t think he’s by the book to a fault, but he’s very much a soldier’s soldier. Colonel Grant says, ‘You’re a soldier. I know what I’m going to get when I put you in a situation. I know you can act in the moment.’ And when he starts seeing key pieces in his life fall out, when Captain Kate Marshall gets blown up and when Scott comes in with his no bag of tricks and his no rules and he’s still pulling things off I think Stonebridge really gets shaken up. And also he has to balance all this stuff with his marriage and with his wife. And hopefully his soon to be family. And so I think that balancing act is really disrupted when he loses his out. He loses probably his emotional crutch, which is Kate. And so it’s not that he doesn’t love his wife but she hasn’t been the person who he can share the dark side with.

That episode was very intense. But it also highlights, I think, a quality of the show which is doing a good job of balancing authenticity and storytelling and putting situations where you don’t know if the character’s going to make it. To be honest, I was not sure if either of you, [Stonebridge and Scott], was going to make it on an episode-by-episode basis. So that’s pretty intense. But does that influence you as an actor in any way?

Philip Winchester: It really did. I can tell you right now that when we get a script for another episode, the first thing I do is check the first page and the last page to be like, ‘Dude, are we copping a bullet at any moment in this episode?’

And you did. You survived but you all got shot at some point.

Philip Winchester: We all got shot. And I know that’s something that we really want to address next year is how we can take some more and somehow make it out, as well. Because these guys do. I mean the guys we were training with, some of them made it out without taking a bullet. But they all had something. They all had shrapnel wounds or something. One of the guys had lost some of his front teeth because he copped a piece of grenade, which somehow didn’t go any further into his head. And some of them would say this is an AK round, this is a nine-millimeter round. And you’re just looking at these wounds going, ‘I can’t believe that you guys are here to do this. And now you’re sitting around on a movie set with us sharing your stories and it’s over a cup of tea. It’s ridiculous.’ So we’d like to very much have the authenticity of that stuff going into this season. And it’s not taking a hit all the time but it’s definitely being so much in the action that sometimes you can’t control it.

Absolutely. But talking about authenticity. While this is an action series, there’s a ton of humor, right?

Philip Winchester: Yeah, that’s right.

You and Sullivan have the best chemistry I’ve seen in a very long time. Just explain the whole process between you guys. Did you spend some time together before starting to shoot? Or did you just evolve into that?

Philip Winchester: It really is just one of those things. I wish I knew what the formula was. Because it’s been great to hear people’s responses. We hit it off in the screen test, which I think is one of the reasons why we were offered the job. Because we both read with ten other guys each. And we were fortunate enough to be offered the job. And we came into it. And I think through the process of that military training that I was talking about, we started to see each other’s strengths and each other’s weaknesses. And just like the military guys were doing with us, we just kind of started to banter around with each other and kind of sometimes really push the envelope on the weak side and encourage on the strong side. And just start to become really brotherly in how we approached each other. And so there was that respect for each other.

But we’d also take things way, way over the line a lot of the time just to see how far we could push each other. And I think that that’s ultimately what you see in the show is that I trust him explicitly as an actor. I just know he’s going to bring something to the table every day. And I hope that that’s kind of how he sees me, as well. We just kind of walk into a scene, we have ideas. Sometimes we surprise each other and it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s just that, it is just one of those really fortunate things. I don’t think we ever planned on it being what it is. We hoped it would be what it was. But it’s just the luck of the draw sometimes.

You can also see that even that relationship evolved throughout the episodes as well. At first it was more of like who is this guy? Why isn’t he following the line? And then now you sort of see your character loosening up a little bit. But also seeing Sullivan’s character sort of stepping up and being more straightforward. So the characters influenced each other to some degree.

Philip Winchester: Yeah. Absolutely. I mean I think it became really apparent kind of towards the later episodes that not only are these guys trusting each other, but they are leaning on each other a lot more than they were or a lot more than they thought they were going to have to. Especially in the end of the first two episodes when they’re standing there in front of the hotel in Deli and they’re just calling each other out on a lot of things, but a lot of that stuff is really hitting home. And it’s really sinking in, and I think throughout the rest of the episodes a lot of that stuff lands and takes route. And we start to see that very much take place.

And especially towards, in nine and ten, in episode nine when they’re taking all that fire in the Georgian streets. And they’re running, they’re doing that, there’s a huge battle that happens. These guys know. I mean these guys know that this could be it. So I’m going to take a bullet for you, buddy. And I know you’re going to take one for me. We don’t even have to question it. And we’re going to try and save each other’s life. But we know sometimes we might miss.

In terms of memorable scenes which ones would you say right now are top of mind?

Philip Winchester: All the scenes where we were really close to the explosions, just on like a physical and kind of emotional level were really exciting because we were really there. And they can kind of direct it where it’s going to go in terms of the explosion and things like that. But Sully and I were standing around a lot of the time and everyone else on the crew is a hundred, two hundred yards away behind a taped line. And the AD is calling out to us with a bullhorn saying, ‘All right. We’re ready to go.’ And it’s like something’s really wrong with this picture.

Where did everyone go?

Philip Winchester: Where did everyone go? I see a cameraman but he’s in like a Kevlar shield and covered in fireproof material. What’s that all about, you know?

Oh my God. That must have been pretty interesting.

Philip Winchester: So that’s what’s really intense. But on the more dramatic side, I really enjoyed the stuff that was written for Sully and I, specifically the stuff in the cars. I think that it’s brilliant. It was brilliantly done. And I think it was an accident, again, that just happened to work. But when they’re placed in tight quarters like cars and situations where they’re waiting for people or they’re kind of doing a recon and they’re doing an observation they have this tension build. And for some reason every time we were stuck in these tight quarters some funny stuff usually happened. And it was just a lot of fun to shoot those scenes with Sully. Because he just goes off-roading all the time. And he’s always freelancing and he’s always kind of just making stuff up. And you have to kind of keep up with him. And so we would throw stuff in each other’s court and see where it would land and see what would stick. And I just really enjoy those days because you come home and you think, that was a lot of fun. That was showing who these characters really are.

That’s fantastic. You also appeared on last seasons of ‘Fringe’ as Frank Stanton, the boyfriend of Bolivia. Any chance you’re going to appear again?

Philip Winchester: I haven’t heard anything from the production or from my representation. I would really like to. I think that it’s an exceptionally well-done show. And I think that Anna Torv is a real gift to the acting community. I think she’s hugely talented. So I really enjoyed working with her. But nothing is in the pipeline at the moment. But I would be very much up for going back and doing something.

Great. And assuming early 2012 we don’t know exactly what you’re up to, are there any upcoming projects you can talk about?

Philip Winchester: You know, again, I do have a couple of things that we’re working on and we’re kind of whittling away. But it really depends on how Strike Back schedules out and what the timing is with all that. So it’s nothing that I’m free to talk about. But there are a couple of things going on. And it would be great if we can kind of schedule them all in and get them to work together because they’re fun projects.

All right. Fantastic. Final question for you. If you could guest star on any other TV show, which one would it be?

Philip Winchester: Oh man. It’s so good. I’m a huge fan of Breaking Bad. And I really would love to just, even if it was just like one of Jesse’s kind of rag tag friends. I would love to do something on Breaking Bad. It’s so well done. And it’s just a great television show.
Back to top Go down
https://pwmultiply.forumotion.com
Alize
Admin
Alize

Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return   Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 am

Exclusive Interview: Strike Back Star Philip Winchester Discusses Section 20 Life & Season 2 Expectations

By Bags H. : October 27, 2011

Recently, we had the chance to sit down with Philip Winchester (Camelot), who stars as Sgt. Michael Stonebridge on Cinemax’s new action series Strike Back. Although he plays an extremely serious character, Winchester is actually quite laid back and much more talkative than his on-screen alter ego.

In this interview, Winchester dives into the depths of the Stonebridge-Scott relationshionship and tells us what it’s like to work with Sullivan Stapleton (Sgt. Damien Scott).

If you’ve seen the series, you’ve probably noticed the jovial relationship Stonebridge and Scott share during the heat of battle. At 4:00, Winchester gets into the fun dialogue moments he shares with his co-star in the cars. He gets into the give-and-take banter the two improvise on location.

Finally, Winchester tells us his hopes for Season 2 given the results of the finale and hints at some potential role reversal.

Cinemax recently announced that it will air an encore presentation of season 1 throughout the duration of the year. Production begins on Season 2 in 2012.

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2011/10/27/exclusive-interview-strike-back-star-philip-winchester-discusses-section-20-life-season-2-expectations/
Back to top Go down
Alize
Admin
Alize

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return   Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/redeye-strike-back-season-finale-recap-with-amanda-mealing-philip-winchester-20111023,0,3389352.story

'Strike Back' season finale recap with Amanda Mealing & Philip Winchester
Amanda Mealing & Philip Winchester talk 'Strike Back' Story: Amanda Mealing

By Curt Wagner RedEye

11:54 p.m. CDT, October 23, 2011

Spoiler alert: I believe fans on both sides of the Atlantic have now had a chance to see the season finale of "Strike Back," which aired on Cinemax in the U.S. But if you haven't, stop reading.

Amanda Mealing expected strong fan reaction from the death of her character, Col. Eleanor Grant, in the season finale of “Strike Back.”

Her two biggest fans had already seen it—and were “incensed,” she said.

“My sons watched it the other day and they were saying, ‘Mama, why didn’t you wait for Scott to shoot?’” Mealing told me Thursday by phone from New York.

In the knock-out episode, the terrorist Latif (Jimi Mistry) not only escaped from Col. Grant’s Section 20 military unit, but he took her captive in the process. And although part of his plot played out as he hoped, he didn’t count on one thing—Grant’s resolve to take him down no matter what the consequences.

She ended their standoff in bold fashion. Damian Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) had Latif in his sights, but Grant fired his pistol into a bomb she was carrying and killed them both.

“It had to be [that way],” Mealing said. “It was the right thing, We needed that conclusion and it had to be the person that you least expected.

“It was through Grant trying to do the right thing she had done the wrong thing [and unwittingly helped Latif], but in the end she takes him out and does the right thing.”

Before the end came, Grant recorded a message to her soldiers telling them of her involvement in Project Dawn. It was an emotional scene for Mealing to film, and one that co-star Philip Winchester praised.

“She was incredible, wasn’t she?” he said during the same call. “It was this beautiful goodbye by Amanda and by Grant, but it all hit on such a different level for all of us standing there because we knew we weren’t going to see her again.”

Mealing, Winchester and I joked that Grant didn’t get out of the Section 20 headquarters often and when she finally did, she killed herself. Mealing said one of her best days on the job was during Episode 6, when Grant fired from a helicopter while landing to extract Stonebridge. “It really was so much fun; I was ecstatic,” said Mealing, who is about halfway to getting her pilot certification.

Those types of adventurous jobs don’t come along often for women, which is another reason Mealing’s sad to be leaving “Strike Back.”

“I love shooting and flying and fast cars,” she said. “It was really perfect for me.”

Below find more from my conversation with Mealing and Winchester, who also talked about the scene in which Stonebridge had to cut a bomb out of a terrorist’s body.

And, by the way, the finale didn’t really tell us if Stonebridge would return to Section 20, so I asked Winchester if he’d be back in “Strike Back.”

“I hope so,” he said, laughing.

Amanda, are you sad not to be coming back?
Amanda Mealing: I'm hugely, hugely sad not to be coming back because working together for six months and as intensely as we did. We’re all thousands of miles away from home; [the group] becomes your family. It really does become your family, so to not be with the guys next year is heartbreaking…

I liked the fact that she wasn’t the mole. She hasn’t been a double agent. It is just through her desperation to do the right thing and recompense for Project Dawn that actually feeds Latif everything that he needs … My sons watched it the other day and they were saying, “Mama, why didn’t you wait for Scott to shoot?”
Philip Winchester: [Laughs.] Because he would have.
AM: “Well you should have just waited. He was there.”

You should have just ducked.
AM: [Laughs.] I know. I should have ducked. They were incensed, absolutely incensed.
PW: Obviously, Col. Grant is not coming back, but I do think there is a lot of room for possible flashbacks. Amanda and I were talking earlier about the why. This stuff happened and it was kind of a knock-on effect, you know, after Latif had infiltrated us and at the hotel in Delhi—now the why needs to be tackled a little bit. So I think there is a lot of room for conversations that happened in the past, stuff that we didn’t quite see in these 10 episodes, so I hope it’s not the last we see of her.
AM: Or her evil twin.
PW: Some “Mission Impossible” side of it coming out.

You could come back to play a pilot.
AM: Or it could be like “Dallas”: She was just in the shower!
PW: It was all a dream.

I was thinking “Maybe she’ll get injured badly, but she’ll be back eventually.” But the shot of the actual explosion—no way.
PW: Isn’t that incredible?
AM: I don’t think anyone is coming back from that.
PW: Sully and I both—pardon my French—but we both were watching it at the HBO screening room and we at the same time just went, “Fuck me.” It was so brutal and so well done. If you’re going to go like that is—
AM: Yeah, really. If you’re going to go, really go.
PW: It was so well done.
AM: Yeah, it was great.

And you really sold it. The whole thing where you say earlier in the episode that “you know nothing of my will” was a nice little foreshadowing, but I still didn’t think she’d do that.
AM: You didn’t? Oh lovely. We were saying that the difficulty is in this—I suppose the conflict in guerilla warfare—is that when people are willing and prepared and aiming to die, you can’t threaten them. Their will and their desire is stronger and it can’t be broken. That is what they want to do. That is what they are prepared to do.

Yeah, I did think that was a nice little line—and that was mine. I was so pleased. It was important to show you that determination that she knew that if that is what it took then she would do it.

And do you think that is what it was? Do you think she knew at that time that she was going to find a way to do that or just that she knew she would do it?
AM: No, but I think it’s the case of saying I'm prepared to do that, I will do what it takes. I think it’s quite nice that for nine episodes you don’t really—I suppose in Episode 9 you start to see where she is having a fight with Major Sinclair that you get a sense that, “Oh my God this woman is angry, it is there and she does have emotions.” But up until then we don’t really get to see any of that. So it was a nice scene to do. I think the toughest scene for me to do and it was my last scene, was the video tribute to the guys.
PW: Which was so good.
AM: But it was really, really tough for me to do and we had to do it a couple of times because I genuinely kept breaking down because as I said each character I was imagining my friend and I really was saying goodbye because that was my last shot, so it was really tough to do.

I was going to ask if there was a different way you prepare for something like that than any other normal kind of scene.
AM: I'm the kind of actress I can’t fake being upset. Unfortunately, I spent two days and it was quite depressing and exhausting, but I kind of I would draw up various emotions and that’s the way I have to do it. They are genuinely quite dramatic scenes to do and when you film for 12 hours a day as I said it can be quite exhausting, but I think that last one and saying goodbye to the guys was genuinely saying goodbye to the guys because I knew I wouldn’t be back, so it was tough to do.
PW: Well it was cool, Curt. The very last shot of the 10 episodes was Sinclair sitting in front of this screen that had been shot up by Latif’s guys and Section 20 is empty and Sinclair sitting there in front of a screen and there was this long dolly back behind him watching her kind of give this speech and all of us sat there and all of us were in tears.

We were all watching Amanda say goodbye because we knew the story. We knew what was going to happen. We knew she wasn’t coming back, but it was kind of ironic that that was the last shot of the show and it was this beautiful goodbye by Amanda and by Grant, but it all hit on such a different level for all of us standing there because we knew we weren’t going to see her again.

Philip, the scene where you have to cut the guy open.
AM: Ah, that was really disgusting.
PW: It was one of those things again. We literally we were filming up at the palace in Budapest and we had an allotted time to do it and we were running really short on time, so Dan Perceival and Steve Lawes our DP and I got together and I said, “Look, let’s shoot the reactions and we can always shoot the stuff of actually pulling the bomb out later.”

So we literally had 15 minutes to roll, so we just got all the stock we had, put it on the camera and we just rolled and rolled and rolled. Dan was behind the camera kind of calling out what was going on, “The green wire, the red wire and you’re inside.” I had a bloody sponge in my hand and I was just trying to pretend what was going on. I think it works really well because we literally had no time at all. We literally didn’t have any time and then so later on the last day we did the inserts of the bomb coming out of the dummy and stuff. So it was pretty intense.
AM: It was disgusting.

Copyright © 2011, RedEye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return   Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Interview: STRIKE BACK’s Philip Winchester Talks Season Finale, Intense Training and A Potential Fringe Return
Page 1 of 1